There will probably come a time when many Outlook users encounter corrupt or damaged.pst files which allow it to be impossible to gain access to most of Outlook folders for example contacts, calendar, tasks, and also email. Of course this can be a massive problem, but not to stress, there is a remedy.
Fortunately, Microsoft has included a”in box repair” tool with Outlook.cool gadgets While this is great news, it’s buried deep within the Program Files folder onto your hard disk drive. This guide will allow you to locate and make use of the inbox repair tool which will allow you to repair and restore the private Storage Table (PST) files which are therefore essential to the functionality of Outlook.
In these examples we’re assuming your drive is located on the C drive; yet in case it doesn’t change the file path examples below suitably.
Inch. See the below path together with Windows Explorer:
* To Outlook 2003 & XP – C:Application Documents:Common Files:System:MSMAPI:LocaleID;
2. In these folders, then you will need to locate the document – ScanPst.exe. Once you run the.exe, you will have to navigate to the present location of one’s recent.pst document before hitting on”Start”.
3. Wait for your Inbox Repair tool to fully scan the damaged.pst file and identify the errors. In case the application will mend the PST file, the scanning results record will show the errors which can be repaired.
4. To resolve the errors that are identified, select”Repair.”
Subsequent to the Inbox Repair application has repaired all the errors it may, a recovered form of the.pst file is created. You must let Outlook know that this is the.pst document which should be utilized. To do this, you will have to direct Outlook to the recovered.pst file as follows:
1. Start Outlook as you normally would.
2. From the top menu select”Go”, then select”Folder List”.
3. When the Folder List is open, you will be able to see the”Recovered Personal Folders” folder along with all the usual personal folders which contains a”Lost and Found” folder.
4. In case the repair was powerful you will find the file which the reparation tool mended. In case the”Lost and Found” folder remains empty, the repair was not unsuccessful.
5. If you can track down the repaired.pst record, then you will have to create a new folder which will house the repaired.pst file.
6. Grab the files out of the”recovered” file to your new file.
There’ll be occasions if the built-in utility is unable to correct corrupt files. If this is the case, you will have to work with a 3rd party program that’s intended to detect and repair severely damaged.pst files.
These apps are very simple to use and so are frequently the first choice when it comes to in box repair. Lots of Outlook users prefer to utilize those programs to fix tune errors without using the Inbox Repair tool that’s built to Outlook. The option is yoursbut you also could recover and repair your Private Storage Table files.